Many students are surprised to learn that bicycle riders on public roads in California have the same rights and are subject to the same rules and regulations as motorists. This means that bikers must:
- Drive on right side of the road
- Obey stop signs and traffic signals
- Yield to pedestrians
- Obey other traffic rules – Refer to the California Driver Handbook to become familiar with these rules
Getting a Bike
New and used bicycles can be purchased from a number of places, including:
- Jax Bicycle Center – First Street, Claremont Village
- Coates Cyclery – corner of Foothill Blvd. and Towne Ave.
- Target – Montclair Plaza
Check the I-Place bulletin board for notices from people selling or donating their old bike. Also, some of the colleges offer loaner bikes and other bike services; check with your specific college.