International Place offers an optional, complimentary airport pickup service from the airport to Claremont, for new students who will be attending NISSO. Students who are interested in using this service must make the request in the NISSO Registration form.
- Students will be welcomed by our representatives at LAX and ONT Airports
- Students will receive a complimentary ride from the airport to International Place
Airport Arrival Instructions for Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Please follow the instructions below upon your arrival to LAX.
1. Make your way to Tom Bradley International Terminal
- International Place will have NISSO Leaders stationed in the Arrivals Level of Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) at LAX.
- If you are arriving at a different terminal, please make your way to TBIT to meet our NISSO Leaders. There are free shuttles provided by LAX that transport to each terminal, which you can access via the ground transportation area.
2. Once you have reached TBIT
- Head towards Area A Baggage Claim, and meet us at the seating area near the Information Desk.
- NISSO Leaders will be wearing blue shirts and will be carrying a sign that says “NISSO International Place Airport Pickup Service” (see below)
- The shuttle ride to Claremont may take 60 to 90 minutes. There are various food options in TBIT and a currency exchange kiosk near the meeting area if you would like to pick up food before boarding the shuttle.
3. Please contact us if you are having trouble finding the NISSO Leaders
- Please call us at 1-909-621-8344 or email us at InternationalPlace@cmc.edu if time has passed and you still have not connected with a representative.
- The Airport Pickup Service will run from 9 AM to 9 PM. If extenuating circumstances prevent you from participating in an airport pickup, there are a number of ways you can travel to Claremont that are listed on our website. Please contact us at International Place as soon as possible if you know that you will be unable to use the Airport Pickup Service.
4. Check In after arriving to Claremont
- Upon the airport shuttle’s arrival to Claremont, students should check in at International Place
- At Check-In, you will either be given your room key & will be able to move in
Tom Bradley International Terminal
Meeting Area (Information Desk near Area A Baggage Claim)
Sign to Area A Baggage Claim
NISSO Leader Sign
Airport Arrival Instructions for Ontario International Airport (ONT)
ONT is a very small airport. once you have arrived to the arrivals terminal, please make your way to the sidewalk outside and look for the NISSO Leader Sign shown above.
If you have any questions, please email the International Place staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.