New International Student and Scholar Orientation, also known as “NISSO”, is a program hosted by International Place that is designed for incoming students or scholars who have lived outside of the U.S. for at least some part of their lives.
While NISSO is a requirement for students with a visa, students and scholars with U.S. citizenship or permanent residency who have lived abroad are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Information and guidance tailored to an international perspective
- Opportunity to settle into life on campus early
- Complimentary airport pickup service (*registration required)
- Peer-to-peer support from current international students
- Advice from future professors and administrators
- Interaction with the larger international student community at The Claremont Colleges
NISSO SPRING 2019 SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION
REGISTRATION – NISSO SPRING 2019
Register by Friday, December 7, to:
- Participate in NISSO
- Request a complimentary airport pickup service
NISSO Spring 2019 Registration will open in early November. Please check back later.
NISSO FALL 2019 SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION
Please check back after May 1, 2019 for more information about NISSO Fall 2019.
EARLY ARRIVAL FOR NISSO FALL 2019
Get to know your new home away from home before the rest of the students arrive on campus!
Attending NISSO gives international students extra time to:
- Become familiar with campus (classrooms, dining halls, etc.)
- Adjust to time zone change
- Engage with the Claremont Colleges international community before classes begin
Complimentary Airport Pickup Service
Residence Hall Move-In for Undergraduate Students
All students attending the undergraduate colleges are required to move into their residence halls on Tuesday, August 20, and stay on-campus throughout NISSO.
Please view the 5C NISSO Schedule & Information page for more details.
REGISTRATION – NISSO FALL 2019
Registration for NISSO Fall 2019 will open on May 1, 2019.
INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL PARENTS AND FAMILIES – NISSO FALL 2019
International Place of The Claremont Colleges recognizes that parents and family are an important part of the international student experience. For this reason, we offer an orientation session customized for the international parents and family members accompanying our incoming international students and scholars to NISSO.
International Parent and Family Orientation Session
Information is forthcoming…
Please view the International Parent and Family page for more information for parents and families.
COLLEGE-SPECIFIC NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Note that, in addition to the New International Student and Scholar Orientation (NISSO), each of The Claremont Colleges hosts mandatory college-specific orientation programs and information for new students. Contact your College’s Dean of Students Office for more information.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please click here.