41st Annual International Festival
Participation in the Event
International Festival would not be successful without the hundreds of volunteers who offer their time to help office pull off the event.
There are many ways to be involved in the event, from participating at a student booth that represents a country, culture, or region of the world, to emceeing/announcing our performers, to even just volunteering an hour of your time on the day of the event.
International Festival really is all about including and working together with one another in the community!
Student Booths: Represent A Country, Culture, or Region
Student Booths are the heart of International Festival. For over three decades, students from across The Claremont Colleges have come together and put in their time to represent a country or region of the world through local cuisine, activities, and other cultural displays. Student booths offer the chance to bring a piece of another country, culture, or region to Claremont.
- Celebrate your home country, language, and/or culture
- Meet other individuals at The Claremont Colleges who share the same home country or culture as you
- Work on a meaningful project together with International Place staff and current/new friends in Claremont
Student Booth Guidelines
- Student Booths should represent a country, culture, or region. (Anyone can participate! Members do not need to identify with the country or region represented.)
- Student Booths should be decorated and feature an interactive cultural activity and/or a food/drink item*.
- Participants will be required to commit to at least one meeting with International Place Staff prior to the event to coordinate details.
- Individuals interested in organizing a Student Booth should sign up individually using the form below by Friday, March 15.
- Each booth must have at least 4 members (so that the organizing work can be divided up evenly between members).
International Place will purchase any items that each booth will need, upon approval by our staff & budget
If you are interested in volunteering at a Student Booth, please sign up using our form by March 15, 2019. For more information, please e-mail email@example.com.
*Food or drink items at Student Booths should be small “tastes” that guests can sample.
Perform or Emcee at International Festival
International Place recruits student performers as well as performers from the local community to take the stage during the four-hour event. We are looking for individuals or group performers who would like to share their talent.
If you are interested in performing or announcing our performers as the emcee/stage host, please sign up using our form by April 1, 2019.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
We are also looking for volunteers in areas such as photography, marketing, day-of event support, and ticket sales. Sign up by using our form by April 1, 2019. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.